We took delivery of some of the new yarns we’ve been expecting in last week including Folksong and Faroe from Sirdar.
- Folksong Chunky is a multicoloured yarn made up of 51% Wool and 49% Acrylic
- There are 75metres/82 yards in every 50g ball. It’s a standard chunky and knits to a tension of 14stitches to 19 rows on 6.5mm needles.
- There are 8 fantastic shades all of which are very wearable, my favourite is the orange blend.
- There are 8 lovely designs to knit with the yarn including accesories however, you could use the yarn as an alternative in most chunky patterns. Our favourite design is this great basic jumper, which really highlights the beauty of the yarn.
Faroe from Sirdar is a new super chunky made from 60% Acrylic, 25% Cotton and 15% Wool and for each 50g there are 43metres/47yards. Faroe knits to a tension of 9stitches to 12 rows on 10mm and will work as a substitute yarn for many super chunky patterns.
- There are 6 gently blended colours and 8 patterns that have been designed especially for using Faroe. All of the designs are quite simple and would make very quick knits. Our favorite is this lovely waistcoat with the cable detail around the neckline.
In addition the the 2 new yarns from Sirdar we also received 4 new shades in Click Chunky – Brown, green, silver grey and dark grey, all have a tweedie fleck.
4 new shades of Bonus Aran
and 2 in Bonus Tweed
- There were also 4 new shades in Snuggly Baby Double knit and we took 2 of the new shades in Baby Crofter as I wasn’t too keen on the others. There was also 3 new shades in Bonus DK and more stock came in in all of our favourite shades including the missing purple Snuggly DK that you all love.
- As always there were lots of new patterns and books to come in from Sirdar too, we’re particularly fond of the 2 new books The Big Book of Little knits – Knit Christmas and Knit Pretty.
More about these books to come in a separate post. I’m sure like me you’ll be eager to get knitting with the new yarns, the only dilemma is which one to start with?